Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Democrats taking over???


Looks like the Dems are taking over at least in the House of Representatives. I haven't seen too much election news yet, but what I've seen it looks like the Republicans are taking a beating. At this point in time, I honestly don't care. I'm so politically apathetic right now I couldn't give a rip who wins or loses. At the law firm I work at, I get to see some of the political games that are played. Albeit, what I witness is only the tip of the iceberg. Politics to me seems so dirty, so revolting, so.... I used to be politically minded and somewhat active. That got me no where and made me more frustrated. As a Christian, I know that political agendas are not the answer to "our problems." I gave up on politics. Oh, I will vote, but I'm not going to get to excited about any of it. And, I'm switching to Independent if I get around to it. The only thing that matters, the only thing that will make a real difference in our world is the proclamation and preaching of the Word of God and the salvation of sinners through Jesus Christ by faith. That's it. That's what I aim to do this day forward, one soul at a time. If we all purpose to do the same, one day there will only be one party (not Republican or Democrat). Just the Kingdom of God doing the will of God. And elections won't matter, politics won't be a dirty side show. As constituants of the Kingdom of God, we have a civic duty to share Jesus with all who will listen. Go and tell someone about Him. Godspeed.

No comments: