Saturday, March 11, 2006

Life Is Hard Out Here For A Wimp


being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. ~Phil. 1:6



Be confident in this friend, that good work that God started and is doing in your life, will be completed someday soon. That's my paraphrase. God IS doing a work in each of our lives. Quite often it's not really the way I would have mapped it out but He's God, I'm not. Even when things aren't going along as I planned, I can be confident because it's God's plan and He is working things out His way in my life and that my friend is the BEST way for us. You see, I could go listen to all the best Bible teachers every day all day long and be blessed no doubt. But I can't learn the things God wants to work out in my life sitting on my duff in a seminary or at a Bible study somewhere. The best place to learn the things God wants to work out in my life is in the trenches. In daily service to Him running up against adversity, problems, enemies, trials, tribulations and frankly the day to day grind of life. Those events in life that happen to us that make for good testimonies is exactly the place where God does that "good work." So don't be afraid to jump all in. Man up. Is God leading you to go deeper with Him and asking you to step out of your comfort zone? Do "trials" and "problems" got you asking "Why God?" Be CONFIDENT God is working out that good work in you that He began when you first got saved.

No comments: